University Lutheran Church was a mission congregation of United Lutheran Church, started in 1950. University Lutheran was first served by the Rev. R. S. Aanestad (1950-1971), followed by the Rev. Robert Weber (1972-1992). The church is currently served by the Rev. Thomas W. Colenso (1993-present).
Another addition to the sanctuary are the four stained glass windows that surround the sculpture. For a full explanation of the stained glass windows and sculpture, click here: Window and Sculpture Information